The features video is also available in the following languages: Indonesian, Malay, Myanmar, Thai, Vietnamese.
Download the Learn Social Features Video
(10MB = downloads in about 2 minutes if you can play YouTube OK).
(Right-click and choose “Save link as…” to download video)
Make Learning Social
Social learning theory is a perspective that states that people learn within a social context. It is facilitated through concepts such as modeling and observational learning.
1. Ormrod, J.E. (1999). Human learning (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall
2. Social learning theory. (2012). Retrieved from: source
- People learn from the environment and seek acceptance from society by learning through influential models.¹
- Social learning theory is a perspective that states that social behavior (any type of behavior that we display socially) is learned primarily by observing and imitating the actions of others.²
- Social learning behavior is also influenced by being rewarded for these actions.
- Our platform implements these concepts based on the founders experience and knowledge gained with Cambridge University.
Social Learning features
Allows the teacher to include messages to all the students in the Study Group.
Most exercises are marked automatically – saving the teacher time!
Grades from tests are included as well.
Some exercises that require production of language (either written or spoken) are marked by a teacher.
Students review each other’s work, providing feedback and encouragement.
The best way to provide feedback on pronunciation is by example – teachers and fellow students can easily record the correct pronunciation and add it as audio feedback.
Teachers can see progress, grades/scores and reports for all their Study Groups.
Organisations have a view of all Study Groups and can see how students, teacher are doing – and even how departments or campuses are performing.
Social Learning exercises
Features: Screenshots (select each title for larger versions)